Serving Communities in the West Since 1890
It’s been 125 years, and Banner Bank remains committed to being the best provider of financial services in the West. Throughout our history, we’ve focused on delivering competitive financial services to the clients we serve. Our motto, ‘Do the right thing,’ is much more than a slogan at Banner Bank. It’s truly what we expect of our employees and one another as colleagues.
We also take great pride in getting to know you, our clients. We enjoy seeing you at our branches and in our communities. Few things make us more proud than when we see a client in the community and they introduce us to their family and friends saying, “This is my banker.”
Founded in 1890, Banner Bank is a Washington state chartered commercial bank and a subsidiary of Banner Corporation, a $10.2 billion bank holding company. Headquartered in Walla Walla, Washington, Banner Bank began expanding its service area throughout the Pacific Northwest in the 1960s. Today we operate 175 full-service branches and 13 loan offices in 55 counties in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and California.
We strive every day to give back to the communities we serve, helping to make them better places in which to work and live. In 2016, more than 800 Banner Bank employees donated 30,000 hours in their communities.
What we believe, and why
Our vision drives us. And it’s simple: We want to be the best provider of financial services in the West.
We also live by a set of core values. It guides all we do.
- Do The Right Thing – It sounds simple. If we make a mistake, we’ll own up to it and work with clients to develop a solution.
- Honesty and Integrity – We expect nothing less from one another and commit to a completely honest relationship with our clients in which we behave with the utmost integrity to protect you, your money and your privacy.
- Mutual Respect – We treat our clients, our vendors and our employees with dignity and respect, always.
- Quality – We aim to continuously improve everything we do.
- Trust – Earning and keeping the trust of our clients, employees and shareholders is critical to our ongoing success. We were recently honored in Forbes as one of the nation’s 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Institutions.
- Teamwork – We recognize that we need one another to meet the needs of our clients. Our teams work across business units and geographies to make sure our clients get the best possible service and product solutions.
Banner Bank is a dynamic full-service financial institution, operating safely and profitably within a framework of shared integrity. Working as a team, we will deliver superior products and services to our valued clients. We will emphasize strong client relationships and a high level of community involvement. We will provide a culture which attracts, empowers, rewards and provides growth opportunities for employees. Our success will build long-term shareholder value.
Creating housing opportunities in the community
Banner Bank has partnered with the FHLB Des Moines – Western Office to offer qualified families and individuals the opportunity to own their own home through the Home$tart Savings Program.